Monday, November 5, 2007

Hello!

My name is Mitchell Dean. I am from Memphis, TN. I am a freshman at BSC and a newbie to whole blogging world as well.
I came out of high school as the kind of jock kind of kid myself. I played football and baseball and threw in a little rec basketball on the side. I also had the opportunity to serve as the president of my senior class. That was one of the most rewarding experiences of my high school career. I got to lead a great group of seniors and establish awesome relationships with them in the process. I was also very involved in many other school organizations as well including Spanish Club, FCA, and Business Club just to name a few. I was always out on the weekends with hanging around with my group of friends looking for new and exciting ways to pass the time. (we found some interesting ones at that) :)
I was the kid who made good grades in high school, but I was never the type to study a lot. However, I knew when I was going to college that I needed a place with high quality academics and a positive social life as well. I figured there would never be a place that I could make the kind of friends like I had in Memphis while getting everything that I wanted out of an education. Yet, when I came to Southern I found that I could get just that. Upon the completion of orientation I had already started making some great friends. Everybody was so nice! I was surprised at how close knit the community was here. Then classes began and I quickly realized that the academics were no joke either. Classes are tough, but very very exciting. The small class size really fit me well, and, as a business major, I feel that it is very important to helping me progress in my field.
I can't wait to see what is to come!