Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Piano... Who would've thought?

As my freshman year at BSC pushes forward I look have found myself in a situation that I never thought was possible. I am learning to play the piano from a world-renowned pianist! I have always had a longing to learn to play the piano, but as I started getting older I thought that I would never have the time or opportunity to be able to learn. However, BSC's 4-1-4 academic schedule has given me that opportunity. The interim term was designed to do exactly this for students. It's a time for students to be able to explore something that they might not have had the opportunity to do otherwise. We have classes ranging from piano to rock climbing and even classes that travel to places such as Italy and the Carribbean. I have enjoyed my class so much. Professor DeVan is an awesome teacher, and he does an excellent job communicating the way that we should be playing. I hope that I can motivate myself to continue playing long after I am done this January!